Revolutionizing Worldwide Use & Re-Use of Boxes & Cartons
Triple bottom line (TBL) thinking encourages businesses to expand the pillars by which they measure their success. These include social and environmental indicators as well as economic viability. Every business decision should be reviewed through the lenses of its impact on the organization’s people, the planet and the business’s profitability. This paradigm shift invokes a new ethic beyond that of merely producing financial rewards for investors, employees and shareholders.
Triple Bottom Line Thinking
TBL benefits that can be experienced by adopting the Box Latch™ new product technology include:
People (Corporate Social Responsibility)
Lower worker (labor) costs tied to time spent…
- Taping boxes for transport within distribution centers and logistics networks
- Cutting or pulling tape off boxes and re-taping them
- Locating and removing tape caught on assembly lines and photo-sensors.
- Seeking medical care for and recovering from repetitive motion injuries caused by tape and tape guns.
- Reduce sharp object injuries to workers. It is estimated that more than $32,000 worth of direct and indirect costs can be attributed to just one cut or laceration on the job.1
- Empower your employees’ sense of “purpose” and job satisfaction through education about the positive benefits of cardboard box re-use!
- Share your company’s sustainability efforts with all its stakeholders to build positive brand recognition for your team.
Planet (Environmental Responsibility)
- Re-use of cardboard boxes and elimination of tape will help your company reduce its operational footprint in terms of raw materials purchased (wood, pulp & fiber for boxes and various polymers, resins, and glues used in all tapes).
- Management’s adoption of cardboard box re-use can provide a teachable moment for employees regarding adoption of responsible decision-making.
- A reduction in carbon footprint can be realized simply by reducing the number of boxes purchased. Adoption of a purchasing plan based on box re-use, safe storage, and actual life cycle assessment data will maximize your company’s use of natural resources.
- Operations managers are able to “lean-up” their supply chains and implement sustainable, circular economy solutions.
Profit (Economic Viability)
- Reduce current tape failure problems on cardboard boxes when tape breaks down due to heat, cold, humidity, and time.
- Enhance security by eliminating box flap “tenting” or bulging induced by environmental factors.
- Minimize conveyor line downtime as a result of tape sticking to conveyor belts, rollers, and/or loose tape fragments fouling the ability of photo-sensors to accurately read box dimensions.
- Diminish risks within supply chains – fewer boxes purchased converts to fewer dollars tied up in inventory.
- Improve compliance with closed box, sanitation regulations in the food service industry.
- Reduce manpower and tape when used for easy access and closure of boxes in the moving and storage industry.
- Facilitate safer box removal from multi-tier storage racks, reducing human injuries from ladders and eliminating falling contents from boxes.